Thursday September 22, 2016
Committee: Kathryn Lambert
On behalf of the Agriculture in the classroom committee and the Glencoe Agricultural Society, we would like to extend this invitation for your class to participate in the annual Agriculture in the Classroom Program, taking place on Friday, September 22nd, 2016, in conjunction with the Glencoe Fall Fair. The educational day will take place from 9:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m, at the Glencoe arena. There is no cost for this educational opportunity as valuable partners have been established and understand the importance of the local agricultural industry and the merit to educate your students in these areas.
By participating in the Glencoe Fair’s Agriculture in the Classroom Program, your students will have the active opportunities to:
- Develop concerns and care for the environment and respect for living things.
- Learn new vocabulary about animals, farming, farm implements and food.
- Develop a positive attitude about agriculture and its importance to the food they eat.
- Meet people from the local rural community.
- Observe and compare a variety of plants and animals common to the local environment.
- Become more aware of the various farming methods and practices as they relate to local agriculture industry.
- Gain hands on experience with live animal handling and local agricultural commodity displays.
An educational package will be forwarded to all interested teachers to review any possible activities and topics that you may wish to cover related to the Agriculture in the classroom program.
We can only hope that you will find these activites exciting and educational for you and your students.
Contact Kathryn Lambert if you are interested in participating, so future correspondence can be sent out in a timely manner. (519-870-9954).